Vegan recipe | Pure diet
Prep time 20 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
Total time 35 minutes
300g extra-firm or firm tofu, pressed
25g corn starch for coating
25g slices ginger
15g red jalapen, chopped (or any chili)
30g fresh Thai basil (sub with basil or adjust to your preference)
Oil for cooking
1~1.5 tablespoons rice vinegar
2~2.5 tablespoons light soy sauce
0.5~1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1/2 tablespoon syrup
1. Mix all ingredients of sauce together in a bowl and set aside.
2. Dry the tofu with paper towels, then cut into cubes. Coat each side of tofu with the corn starch.
3. Heat a non-stick pan with around 2 tablespoons oil. Place tofu cubes into the heated pan, gently pan-fry each side until brown. Set aside.
4. In a pan, heat oil, saute ginger until fragrant.
5. Slowly pour the sauce in the pan, turn heat to low or medium & add tofu and basil. Let tofu absorb the sauce.
6. Serve warm with rice or noodles.